Enjoy your swimming pool and the benefits of swimming
What are the benefits of swimming in a pool? How can you make the most of your swimming pool? Yneom offers some simple swimming tips.
If you are looking to have a healthier lifestyle, you have a range of choices, such as joining a gym or playing some form of team sport in a club. But if you are not a member of a gym or a sports club, there are some simpler, more practical solutions. For example, taking advantage of your swimming pool and the exercise it offers.
Your swimming pool lets you practise an all-round sport. Since Yneom’s aim is for its clients to have a chilled, stress-free lifestyle, we will review the benefits and exercises you can do in your swimming pool.
Swimming or doing any other exercise in your swimming pool will give you almost instant benefits.
- In water, once joints, even painful ones, are freed from the trauma of shocks thanks to the weightless environment. They will experience less strain, enabling you to exercise the muscles without pain and with less effort while eliminating the risk of muscle strain, aches and pains or pulling a muscle.
- Water massages the body, promotes blood circulation, by improving venous return, at the same time as being relaxing and facilitating movement and therefore stimulating the heart.
- The resistance of water amplifies your movements without you even being aware of it and improves your cardiovascular and respiratory capacities, as well as increasing muscle toning: 30 minutes of water-based exercise is equivalent to 1.5 hours of land-based exercise.
- Water must be pure at all times to make your daily exercise easier and more comfortable.
Each swimming stroke offers different benefits
- Breaststroke: focusses on the upper body (biceps, pectorals, abdominals) but also the calves. It is preferable not to raise the head up too far out of the water when doing the breaststroke because this tires the neck and lumbar muscles.
- Front crawl/freestyle: tones the whole body (back, arms, shoulders, buttocks and legs).
- Back stroke: this version of the crawl acts on the same sets of muscles but is less of a strain on the back and makes breathing easier because you don’t need to hold your breath.
- Butterfly stroke: this stroke, which is more technical and requires you to coordinate movements and breathing, strengthens the muscles of the arms, back and legs but especially the abdominal muscles.
Here are a few other fun activities you can do in your pool, which are easy and very effective: aquagym, aquabike and aquayoga.
Ynéom, the source of your wellbeing
Yneom is a smart device that is easy to forget about so that you can enjoy the benefits of your pool without worrying about water treatment, cleaning the pool or your pH levels... Just enjoy swimming or practising your favourite water sport in pristine pure water. Stay chilled and zen...
Ynéom takes care of everything and explains how:
A simple application downloaded onto your Smartphone will manage your swimming pool like a true professional. You will always be able to keep an eye on the water quality in your swimming pool and whether you are in your living room, at the office, in your primary residence or on the road.
The only thing you need to think about is you and your daily swim.
*APP STORE or GOOGLE PLAY